My Schooling Life... The Best!

My schooling life was the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn’t realize it back then but I really miss school now that I’m in college. I used to dread getting up at 6.15am every morning (during my schooling days) just to go to school. I really thought that school was just a waste of time and I was a real ‘pain in the neck’ at school. The teachers hated me and my group of friends because we always caused havoc everywhere we went. We used to escape from school during our break time and go to a food stall to have some ‘real’ food. We would only come back one hour or two hours later (around the 3rd or 4th period of class after break time). We kept failing or barely passing exams all the time, which didn’t make us ashamed at all. We would commit so many offences in school but we never got caught. As I ponder upon those memories today, I don’t regret doing what I did, I miss doing those things. That’s because back then, I was happier than I’ll ever be today. The past made me who I am and I’m not ashamed of it, but I’m proud of it. I’ll never have the same friends that I had back then and it’s true what they say: “You’ll never know the value of someone till they’re gone”. I can still remember the last day of school (about 3 years back). I wished everyone goodbye and told them to keep in touch (most of them didn’t). I waited till everyone was gone before I left and as I walked towards the entrance, I put my hand on the door, turned around and took one last look at my classroom, vague memories of my antics in class flashed through my mind and tears formed I my eyes. I guess that at that precise moment an important part of my life was slowly slipping away to become a thing of the past. I realized that I couldn’t come back here anymore and that my relationships with my classmates and schoolmates will soon change. Before I stepped out of my classroom for the final time, I whispered a silent but unforgettable ‘goodbye’, not to the classroom but to the ‘best days of my life’…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...