Everything You Wanted to Know about Blue Warblers and Hong Kong Mermaids



Allow me to give a big thanks to Dev Yang for answering a question that's been burning in the back of my mind ever since I bought this cool flyer about eight months ago. I've been dying to know more about the star of Hongkong Mermaids (1950), but the only information about her in English I could find was that this was her first film (which, as it turns out, is not quite true). So, when Dev posted about Lan Ying-ying earlier this week, I was practically jumping for joy.

Dev writes primarily for his Chinese-language blog, so it's always a treat when he posts to his English-language blog. If you're at all interested in or curious about the rich history of Chinese film, do yourself a favor and check out The Golden Age of Chinese Language Cinema.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...