Hong Kong In The 60s


I love the felicitous discoveries that often happen whenever I google. Earlier today I googled "Hong Kong" + "sixties"... and what do you know... there just happens to be this really cool Brit band called Hong Kong In The 60s. How could I not write about them here at Soft Film?!

While the group's music harkens back to vintage influences such as "early electronic pop, 1960s Chinese music and Italian film soundtracks", their evocative synth pop sound is totally now.

I'm going to single out their haunting, bittersweet cover of Teresa Teng's classic "Tian Mi Mi", but do check out their website and MySpace page for more of the band's wonderful songs. Their debut EP, Willow Pattern Songs is due out this June. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...