well,

at this point in my life, i've forgotten what it's like to have a lazy sunday afternoon. if i had it my way, i'd be sleeping in the sun listening to the birds chirp and click as they make their spring nests. while they toil, i'd rest. i'd sink into a deep melancholy or melt into pure joy, because, let's face it, these days both sentiments exist side by side in my bones. this idyllic situation--of sun soaked sleep--constantly evades me, as i must fulfill duties and complete tasks (or else!) i sit at a stiff desk and stare longingly through the massive glass panes in front of me. hundreds of people periodically file past me--some clutching the spoils of a credit card war, some grasping tickets to a matinee performance, some just out for a stroll; but all experiencing the freshness of a spring afternoon--one without ceilings and computer cords. one without the buzzing of electronics or digital earaches coming from the adjacent rooms. i wonder if they appreciate what i long for...

why am i always sitting around wishing i were sitting around somewhere else?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...