A Lesson in Humility and The Curious Incident of the Cat in the Night-Time


(a cup of jo)

I am taking this moment to apologize for being an insufferable know-it-all. Ever since I wrote that post about how I am always on time to school I have (without a doubt) been late to every school related endeavor since (which is roughly four trips to school in total). I am sorry, Cosmos, for thinking I knew what I was talking about, I rarely do.

In other news.

There was a curious happening last night as I was driving my car. I was coming home from Starbucks around 10:45 PM after sipping on a delicious pumpkin spice latte (welcome back dear friend); music blasting, windows down blowing my hair all over the place, you know in the usual way...

The night was calm all around and densely dark--moving so fast in contrast to such stillness made me feel agitated. Then I saw two small lights on the side of the road. Strange. I swerved as to not hit whatever it was and as I passed it, my lights revealed a tiny, little tabby kitten, just standing there, staring. I kept driving, but something within me wouldn't sit well if I went home as planned leaving the kitten on the side of a relatively busy road. Sigh. So I flipped around to try and save kitty, put on my hazards and ran across the street to where it was.

So there I stood, for minutes that felt like hours, staring at this small, scared thing. Cars rushed past us while our eyes remained locked. I couldn't move for a long time and I am not sure why. It was like I had sleep paralyses--arms, legs, body were stuck for good. Then kitten bolted and ran into the middle of the street, a car narrowly missed it and it took off in the dark night.

I cried. Then I went home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...