From the eBay Archive: Young Rock (1959)

Nearly all of the Hong Kong movie memorabilia I've acquired was found on eBay. Every day I check out the new listings of my favorite sellers. As I've said before, it's a virtual archive of valuable historical material. Of course, I can't bid on everything I want, but as a matter of routine, I save the images of items I like or find interesting. I've got a folder of more than 5,000 JPEGs: everything from flyers and magazines to photos and calendars, from the 1920 through the 60s. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to even rename the files, yet alone to organize them. Every now and then, I'll take a random peek or search for something that I once remember seeing, and I'm always surprised by what I find.

This is the first of a hopefully weekly post, where I will be featuring a random treasure from my "eBay Archive". If I have something interesting to say about the item, I will; if not, I'll just identify it (or ask for help if I can't).

OK then... here's a flyer for Young Rock (1959), starring Patricia Lam Fung (love that smile!). As always, you can click on the image for a larger version.





Patrick Lung Kong (seen on the front of the flyer) plays Lam Fung's love interest. He got his start as an actor at Shaw Brothers' Cantonese division but would make his mark as a director of edgy social exposés like Teddy Girls (1969), starring Josephine Siao as a teenage delinquent; the controversial Yesterday Today Tomorrow (1970); and The Story of a Discharged Prisoner (1967), the inspiration for John Woo's A Better Tomorrow (1986).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...