Rebecca Pan: My Indie Music


Wow... this is like a dream come true: all of my favorite Hong Kong indie bands covering the hits of HK pop pioneer Rebecca Pan.

The just released My Dream My Way My Indie Music was produced by Rebecca herself and is something that I *highly* recommend to anyone who follows this blog. It comes packaged with an attractively designed, 88-page book that is chock-full of photos of the artists, as well as vintage pics of the lovely Ms. Pan.

Here's the track list, along with two sample songs and links to videos by the musicians featured on the album. And let me just add that even though I'm not a fan of Cantopop king Eason Chan, his cover of "Chinese Blues" totally rocks!

"Nee Nee Wo Wo" (1961) by PixelToy

"Solid Gold Rickshaw" (1967) by Ketchup

"Essence of Love" (1966) by Chet Lam

"Mágica Luna" (1961) by the pancakes


"Bengawan Solo" (1962) by at17

"I've Seen You in My Dreams" (1974) by Rebecca Pan & Chet Lam

"The Protest" (1974) by Gayamyan

"I Wonder Why" (1968) by my little airport

"J'attendrai" (1961) by Rebecca Pan

"Chinese Blues" (1962) by Eason Chan

"My Hong Kong" (1965) by Rebecca Pan & HK Indies


"Siboney Amor" (2009) by Rebecca Pan

* YOU CAN BUY THE ALBUM HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...