About Face


Right now I am sitting in Starbucks in Istanbul, Turkey (on the Asian side of the city), listening to Cat Stevens,The Shins, Wilco and Grizzly Bear (their choice, by the way) while I write a reflective essay on the Baptistery of San Giovanni in Florence, Italy. For me, this sums up my semester in Europe: just a healthy conglomeration of nationalities, cultures, and languages. The Starbuckses (Starbucksi?) in Europe play the best music. Really, though (and not that you contested, I just really mean it). In Berlin, I would wake up extra early bird just so I could run over to Starbucks before class to sit and enjoy the music, piping-hot, overpriced beverage in hand, before I started braving the wintry air of what quickly became my favorite city:)

Riding on the bus today was a moving experience. Listening intently to the rich quality of Jenny Lewis' voice and heeding Lily Allen's sage (and crass) advice, while not forgetting the important lessons that Elvis Perkins and Conor Oberst never cease to teach...

<3 How cute are Vanessa and Johnny? <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...