"Orange County is the New Ventura"


Instead of studying for Psychology by reading and re-reading the words in my textbook, I've decided to study the group of middle-age men and women sitting in front of me. I can't tell if they are a religious group, excited to plan the upcoming Christmas season for their church, or if they are watching the DOW, because they have a lot of iPhones and stock-talk.

"Kill me now!" says the most abrasive of the group.

Hawaiian shirt guy keeps saying "6.30 in the morning!" "AA meetings at 6.30 in the morning!"

The older woman wearing the forest green Christmas sweater and kitschy ornament ear rings is munching on a pastry and complaining about the weather, but no one is listening to her.

Perky runner-girl talks shop with this guy who is wearing too cute of a scarf because he just "jumped into this group." A group who apparently discriminates against people from Goleta, oops I'm sorry No-Leta.

Well, the abrasive guy is louder now and is talking about bellies.

I wonder what it's like to have  Texas daughter, a South Orange County daughter and a brother Kansas.

I can't wait to see where this goes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...