Ice Sickle


It's pretty cold these days. I move my space heater everywhere I go in my apartment, and still my feet won't get warm. I make batch after batch of hot tea and still I feel frigid! But I think that's what is so wonderful about the winter, it brings a certain crispness that has been sorely lacking all year. Though, come to think of it, I have not really experienced a true winter (besides the few I can't remember when I was in England when I was real little). I want the classic winter wonderland kind of time--complete with snow blanketed streets, hot cocoa for warmth and delight, and maybe even a sleigh ride! Is that too much to ask? Instead I get super sunny but freezing days and I can survive outside with just a sweater and go from here to there sans umbrella...

My boyfriend is currently snowboarding in Mammoth and I'm super jealous. I love the way it feels to glide over fresh powder on a slick board--it's so smooth. Plus, I heard they got 15 feet of snow! Oh man, I just love the whitewhitewhite everywhere. It's so spiritual. It's crazy to think that God created such a pure form of nature for us.

But like everything. What is pure from far away is not always so wholesome up-close. When closely inspected, our pure white snow is often tarnished with dirt, muck, and sludge.

And alas, with the cold, comes the cold. And boy, do I have it bad this year. I went to Starbucks today to grab a little jolt of coffee before heading over to work and I think I sneezed about 16 times in a row. I got snot all over my chest (charming) and people thought I was having a fit or something when I was doubled over by my car crushing my iced mocha. Hopefully this homeopathic nasal spray I got will do the trick. I will also be trying out gargling with salt water and even some collodial silver. Yes, real silver.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...