Namesake

(found)

Artemis (Roman equivalent: Diana)

Artemis was independent, nonrelational, untouched by the heat of emotion or passion, not moved by love, sexuality, or infatuation, one-in-herself, belonging to no man, with an active, focused consciousness, with little apparent need to become vulnerable (to give and receive love and comfort and support growth in others).

Artemis is the personification of the independent feminine spirit, capable of feeling whole without a man, seeking her own goals on terrain of her own choosing, the ability to concentrate intensely on whatever was important to her and to be undistracted (either by the needs of others or by competition from others), competent, capable of achievement, concerned for victimized and powerless women and young, safe childbirth goddess, sister, back-to-nature, capable of at-oneness with herself, “moonlight vision”, active rather than passive, felt strongly about her causes and principles, interests of no or limited commercial value, competitive, individualist.

Sometimes I wish I could be more like my namesake; however, I am quite content with who I am. Feeling deeply, loving openly, wishing and hoping for romance to prevail. Maybe I can channel my inner goddess and procure some of the admirable elements of Artemis...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...