The Power and the Glory

Sorry for the lull in posting for the past couple days. I got very sick and had to go to the hospital, but I'm all better now. Just drinking lots of water and tea. Taking each day as it comes and reminding myself to say 'no' to some things, like picking up extra shifts, etc.

I spent some time in my friend's new apartment last night. Never before have I felt so much honesty in the spirit of a place. The walls breathed truth and the bed wrapped me in its arms like my mom used to do after a bad break up or an unsuccessful soccer game. Just lying there listening to my beautiful friend read me lines of Hemingway I realized that entertainment manifests itself in gloriously peculiar ways. I felt at peace for the first time in weeks.

Now I'm off to school. Astronomy and Shakespeare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...