If You Were Any Thinner, You Wouldn't Exist

The Machinist

More than being a gripping psychological thriller that forces you to visit the deepest, darkest areas of guilt in the far reaches of your mind...this movie makes you want to eat. I've never seen quite so disgusting a case of male anorexia in my life. Christian Bale really gave himself to this role--and he wasn't even asked to. The director of the film said he was confused by Bale's choice to get SO skinny, but Bale assured everyone he was fine and he merely wanted to see if he could do it (he lost over 60 pounds for the role--185 to 1119, and he is like, what 6 foot something?!). If you haven't seen it yet, I'd say (and I'm sure my roommates would agree) it's worth seeing--even if it's terribly hard to watch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...